I bought this to feed to my dog. Ounce for ounce, Nutiva Hemp Oil is a good deal. My Doberman has flaky skin. We’ve tried numerous premium foods, foods designed for better skin, medicated shampoos and conditioners and nothing was working. So I thought I would try Hemp Oil after reading numerous reviews and claims of miracle healing qualities.
Hemp Oil for Dog’s Arthritis
Brody, our dog, also has arthritis in his rear legs following TPLO surgeries in both legs. I was hoping the Nutiva Organic Hemp Oil would help with his joint pain as well. I had read articles and testimonials that hemp oil would help with dog’s joint pain and arthritis. CBD oil for dogs is different than Hemp oil for dogs. CBD oil is extracted from the buds and may contain a very small amount of THC (the chemical that makes you high). Hemp oil is extracted from the leaves and stalk and contains 0% THC. The small amount of THC found in CBD oil is not enough to give your dog a buzz… but most articles and research shows CBD to help with many ailments from pain, seizures, skin conditions. Amazon does not sell CBD products but does sell Hemp Oil products which also claim to help with pain, skin conditions, anxiety, and more.
Hemp Oil for Dog’s Flaky Skin
After several months (two bottles) of putting the hemp oil on Brody’s food, I can not see any benefit to his skin and coat. It is hard to say whether it has helped his joints and arthritis. That said, I am rating this product 3 stars. I believe the quality is as good or better than other brands and the price per ounce is much better than most of the other brands. I am going to start taking this daily myself to see if it helps with my sore knee joints. I’ll report back.
This is human-grade hemp oil and can be used on salads or other foods you might use olive oil or other oils on. I tasted it and it is rather bland. Brody did not mind it added to his kibble… at the same time, he didn’t gobble it up as a tasty additive.
For my dog’s skin and coat – hemp oil didn’t work. For joint pain – the jury is still out whether hemp oil helps with joint pain or arthritis. I just started taking it myself – I’ll report back results in a month or so whether this hemp oil helps with my sore knees and back. Give it a try and let me know your results… whether on your pet or on you. The price for the 24-ounce size of Nutiva Organic Cold-Pressed Unrefined Hemp Oil is probably the best deal out there. Current price as of November 1, 2019 is $13.01. Check current price here.
About the product
- NUTRIENT DENSE: Nutiva Organic, Cold-Pressed, Unrefined Hemp Oil contains the ideal 3:1 ratio of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids and is rich in antioxidants and chlorophyll.
- NATURALLY EXTRACTED: Nutiva’s all-natural cold press extraction process yields a pure, nutty-tasting, nutrient-rich oil that’s high in omega 3 fats and antioxidants without the use of dangerous and harmful chemicals, hexane, or heat.
- PREMIUM DIET COMPATIBILITY: Nutiva Organic, Cold-Pressed, Unrefined Hemp Oil is an ideal source of Omega 3 fats and antioxidants, just right for vegetarian, vegan, raw, whole food, paleo, ketogenic, gluten-free diets.
- COMMITMENT TO QUALITY: Nutiva partners with Canadian farmers to source the world’s finest organic, non-GMO, sustainably grown hemp seeds and stringently adheres to USDA-certified organic and non-GMO guidelines to deliver superfood that is good for you and good for the planet.
- EASY TO USE PACKAGING: Nutiva Organic, Cold-Pressed, Unrefined Hemp Oil is packaged in safe, convenient, BPA-free packaging.
Other products to consider